Wednesday 30 October 2013

Tree of butterflies



   One of my niece's has her 21st birthday next month, so I have made this card for her.
   The image is from the 'Essence of Nature' set by Elusive Images, now Chocolate Baroque. I coloured it using Promakers and distress inks and then cut it out using  a Spellbinders grand scalloped circle die. I used another one of these dies to cut out matt gold mirri card onto which I mounted the image.
   I then layered some pink textured paper onto cream card and then fixed the stamped image to this. I re-stamped the image and coloured and cut out the butterflies and having sprayed them with iridescent spray and sparkle from Crafter's Companion I decoupaged them onto the main image and added a bow to the bottom of the tree.
   Finally I placed some gold peel offs in the corners.

   I wish to enter this card into the following challenges:
   Allsorts - treemendous
   The Crazy Challenge - b is for .... butterflies, bow, birthday peel offs
   Addicted to Stamps - colour palette
   Flutter By Wednesday - any winged creature
   Crafty Sentiments Designs - anything goes
   I Love Promarkers - anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Love this one and love the butterflies in the tree. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Allsorts
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super entry for my Treemendous theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant design love the butterfly tree. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a stunning image and card. Love the butterfly tree, I bet your niece will love it. Thanks for playing along at Flutterby Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great image! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super creation - brilliant work! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card with a lovely butterfly-tree. Thank you for joining ATSC. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete