Friday 8 November 2013

Down and out



   This week’s theme at Creative Corner is ’Sing, sing a song’. I have chosen the alley cat from Scribbles Designs as my image as it reminds me of the James Brown song ‘Down and Out in New York City’. Having coloured it using thirteen different shades of Promarker greys I applied black soot distress ink to the edges.
   I matted and layered the squared pattern paper and black mirri card onto white card. A grey denim strip was also matted onto black mirri card before being fixed vertically onto the card. I matted and layered the image onto black mirri card and silver mirri card and then stuck it to the card with foam pads.
   I then fixed a sentiment made from peel offs and die cut silver and black mirri card in the top left hand corner, a cascade of bows in the bottom right hand corner  and some card candi onto the central panel.


   I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
   Incy Wincy Designs – ribbons, twine, fibres
   Digi Sketch – all for the animals
   Papertake Weekly – anything goes
   Whoopsi Daisy – monochromatic
   Cute Card Thursday – animal magic
   Crafty Ribbons – black and white (I hope grey as a mix of black and white counts)


6 comments:

  1. Love the cool cat and the backing paper very retro thank you for joining in with us at digi sketch and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card - 13 shades of promarker greys?! lol, I thought I had a lots but I only have 6 :) Thanks for joining us this week at whoopsi daisy. hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what lovely card, love the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cat is too cute. Love the design with the layers and bows too. Thanks for playing at
    Digi Sketch Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for another challenge. Bettina DT Member at Digi Sketch Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete