Sunday, 6 April 2014
I have had the stamps from Elusive Images, now Chocolate baroque, for some time. When I look back at my first use of them I wonder how I could have been satisfied with the resulting card - so there has been some improvement in both layout and colouring!
I matted bluebell coloured paper onto white card and edged it with thin strips of green peel offs. The border of repeated mini bluebells was coloured using Promarkers. I then dusted the lower half with distress ink before matting it onto green spotted core'dinations cardstock..
The main image was also coloured using Promarkers and the edges dusted with distress ink. I then went round the edges with the ink pad. I cut out a piece of the spotted core'dinations cardstock the same size as this image and fixed this at an angle on the card. I then attached the border and then the main image was attached with foam pads so that it mirrored the green square.
The butterfly, from the same set of stamps was attached using glue gel. Finally I finished the card with a sentiment cut from core'dinations cardstock using tattered lace dies.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Eureka Stamps - spring flowers
Crafty Catz - spring time
Penny Black and More - blossoms and blooms
Stampin With the Dragon - spring time
Sweet Pea Stamps - distress
Digi Designs - welcome spring
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes
Ribbon Girl - spring
One Stitch at a Time - flowers