Sunday 14 July 2013

Owl



 Owls are one of my favourite birds. This owl, coloured with Promarkers, is from Joanna Sheen's Jayne Netley Mewhew collection.
 I embossed brown core'dinations cardstock using the Darice wood grain folder, sanded it and then used a Spellbinder die to cut the aperture, which I then ringed with peel offs. Originally I was going to place the owl onto a very dark background so that he appeared as if in a tree hollow but I decided it would be too dark, so he remains on the white Neenah background. Brown ribbon was wrapped round the bottom of the card before fixing to the base card.
  The embellishments are made from die cut flowers and ivy and a couple of candi. Finally a lighter piece of core'dinations was embossed and distressed with brown ink to form the 'wooden' happy birthday notice.

  I wish to enter this card into the following challenges:
  Paper Pretties Wednesday - monochromatic mania
 Allsorts -  furs/feathers
 Crafter Companion - dies and die cuts

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic and great for our challenge at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete