Saturday 21 February 2015

Punches and/or dies

   It's the third Saturday in the month and another challenge over at Send A Smile 4 Kids. The theme for this challenge is 'punches and/or dies' and there are three very generous sponsors:-
   Flat Friends Boutique  (6 digis),  The Paper Shelter (3 digis) and Sassy Studios (4 digis).



   For my first card I used Bathtime from The Paper Shelter. After colouring it using Promarkers I matted it onto black card. I had some paper which I had printed off a few years ago in my stash and I used this for the background of the card. The flying birds were cut from Core'dinations cardstock using a Tattered Lace die. I also used tattered Lace dies to cut the sentiment from black card.

   I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
   ABC - D is for die cuts
   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
   Inspiration Destination - anything goes
   Addicted to Stamps and More - make your mark
   Fantastic Tuesday - anything goes with the twist use a die
   A Gem of a Challenge - children's playtime


   My second card uses the digi beach time from Flat Friends Boutique and is again coloured using Promarkers. I decided to use different textures in this card. I have used Papermania paper for the sky, shimmering paper for the sea ( this was cut using a Spellbinders long classic rectangle die and layered) and core'dinations cardstock for the sand. The latter was torn to create the water's edge and sanded. The sun was cut using a circular die from gold mirri card. I layered all the pieces together and then cut them as a whole into a rectangular shape which I then matted and layered onto black and then white card. Finally I added some transfer letters to form a wavy 'Have Fun'. The coloured image was shaped slightly and attached using glue gel.

   I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - add a little texture
   Simon Says Stamp Monday - a piece of paradise
   Clear It Out - theme is holiday & stash is gold or yellow things (sun and beach)

10 comments:

  1. Stunning cards! Love the vibrant colours and great colouring. Thank you so much for sharing a piece of paradise with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your coloring - thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how the main image is popped up off the page!
    Thanks for joining us over at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuteness plus with your duo of sweet cards.Your colouring...oh my! Impressive! Thank you for sharing your *make your mark* delight in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love the colors and the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love the bright and cheerful colours you' be used. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 73 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards, great scenes.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute creation. Love the bright colours and the cute image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.

    Lynn, ID CT

    ReplyDelete