Monday 16 February 2015

Birds of a feather



   The theme for this week's challenge at Eureka Stamps is 'Birds of a feather'. I have used digi numbers 28506 (Bunch of chicks) and 14507 (From all of us) to create my card.
   I coloured the image using Promarkers and cut it out using a Spellbinders label 10 die. Keeping it in the die I rub distress ink around the edges. I then drew round the die on yellow card, cut it out and matted the coloured image onto it. I applied flower soft to one of the chicks and added a card beak to it.
   I scored and folded cream card to form an easel card and matted and layered pale yellow card and paper from Papermania onto the base of the easel. I cut out the sentiment, distressed the edges using distress ink, matted it onto yellow card and attached it to the card using foam pads to form the easel stop.
   I coloured two lengths of organza ribbon using Promarkers, wrapped them round the lower half of the easel and tied them together, afterwhich I attached the image. Finally I tied four pieces of ribbon together and attached these to the corner edge of the easel stop.

   I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
   Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
   Passion For Promarkers - to someone I love
   Winter Wonderland - for a child
   Brown Sugar - use a bow and a die cut
   Lacy Sunshine - things with wings
   Suzy Bee's Bloomin' - anything goes with the twist add a bow
   Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
   Scrapbook Stamp Society - anything goes with the option of a shaped card
   Crafty Calendar - anything goes

9 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet card! Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at Passion for ProMarkers. Hugs Lotta xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    What a totally adorable card! I loved that you used flower soft on the one little chick, it has the perfect 3D effect!
    Thanks for joining us over at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. and Crafty


      Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

      Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


      Delete
  4. lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBC rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our Bow and Die Cut challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Crafty!. Love the sunny colors and the flocking on that one chick is too cute! Thanks so much for joining out Things with Wings Challenge at Lacy Sunshine. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful Easter card!
    Thank you participated ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card with so many chickens. so funny too.
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.
    kind regards,Dora

    ReplyDelete